Friday 12 June 2009

Glimmer Mist





Evening everyone!
I've been a busy bee in the batcave just lately. There's been a shedload of work for Crafter's Companion (FAB new products coming soon- can't wait to show you...) so not much time for blogging unfortunately. I did make time for a 40th birthday card that I was commissioned to make. I had a bit of a clear up and unburied my box of glimmer mists. They're now actually within reach, so I think I'll be using them lots. I'd forgotten how lovely they are!
Anyway, this is a 6 inch square card that I embossed on the edges using a clear stamp set by Inkadinkadoo (97633-floral flourishes). I hand cut the numbers from some card, using a set of templates. I did this as I wanted to use a thick, 300gsm card that would take the embossing & the glimmer mist without buckling. Once embossing with a clear hologram powder, I added some pink inks using Cut'n'Dry foam before spraying with pink & green glimmer mists.
The butterfly is a pre-printed embellishment from Craftwork Cards, also treated with the same colours. I added some pink crystals as a final flourish. I love the Prima crystal flourishes, but I wanted to see if a producing a similar, cheaper version was possible. I think it works pretty well,albeit a bit smaller.
It was so nice to be able to make a card using anything I wanted. I love all of the commissioned work I do, but it's nice to let loose every once in a while!
xx

5 comments:

  1. wow hun this is stunning great detail love the papers and that butterfly great work hun love cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards and blog. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...i don't have any of this but is does look greeat on flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete