Sunday 31 October 2010

Crafter's Companion November challenge card


Hi everyone.
Here's my enterpretation of the sketch challenge that you can find at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog. The sketch also has the theme of one for the girls. I hadn't intended on adding black to the colour scheme, but it seemed to work!For my card, I have used the beautiful new 'Poppies and Daisies' rubber stamp set designed by Sheena Douglass. I've coloured it in with Copics and I've used the printable flowers and backing paper from the S.W.A.L.K 2 CD ROM which in my opinion, has my favourite papers so far in the Crafter's Companion range. To print the flowers in black & white, I selected greyscale printing on my print option panel. I printed the sheet onto standard 80 gsm copy paper, screwed up the sheet before gently flattening, cutting out the flowers and tinting the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink. The flower centres are silver bead spacers threaded onto pink brads. The black swirls are from the beautiful Marianne Designs frame & swirl die cutting set The dusky pink card is Core'dinations.
Thanks for stopping by.
TTFN
x

2 comments:

  1. oh wow this is one gorgoues,image just love,the super detail on this too hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. I love the flowers and will really have to give making those a go. Thank you for explaining how you made them.
    Thank you for following my blog.
    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete